Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Side Track

Couldn't quite decide what I was going to do with the 3rd butterfly, so I fell back on another UFO (unfinished object).  As I said, I had a lot of Retro Cafe Art blanks assembled with a base coat of paint but no direction in which to go.

I started with the elevated ATC shrine from Retro Cafe Art, adhering it to a more substantial base and adding lots of stuff.  I had painted it it a basic white but knew it couldn't stay there.  Some blue paint, a little black wash, some gold accents on top of crackle paste gave it just the look I wanted.

I have long admired many of the art projects that are eclectic and really  "on the edge" but they're just not me.  I think this is a great compromise piece...me and where I'd like to go.

Closeup on inside shrine 
Side view to show bead chain.

 The shrine stands 10"  tall on her base.  Lots of antique gold and metal patina accent the shrine details..
Rear view.  I like to make them
360's providing interest on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment