Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thanx and...

Cathartic Canvas
Thanx to all of you who have viewed and left such nice comments here.  Taking a little break enjoying the warmer weather in the south.  Pretty 'sketchy' connections so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post much new.  Obviously no crafting going on here but I hope to visit a few resale/antique shops here and glean some more treasures for next round of creating. In the mean time, perhaps this canvas created last fall, will be a little eye candy.

Although I am admittedly a 3D creator, once in awhile I do like to dabble on a flat surface.  I started this piece by taping together 4 6x6" stretched canvases to create a cohesive background.  After many layers of paint, paper, ephemera and modeling paste, the pieces are separated.  A few extra touches and the pieces are finished.  They are then mounted on a 14x14" canvas panel covered in text paper and distressed.  I really enjoyed playing with the bright colors using many I the techniques I learned at Inspire from Donna Downey and Christy Tomlinson. The sentiment is a personal reminder to me to slow down and ...well a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment