Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Little Something Different

Last year I had the pleasure to work with Lynne Larkin and learn her technique for creating some amazing boards.  Well it's been a long time coming but I've been wanting to make more.  At first I just couldn't get the technique and product down.  With Lynne's help I corrected that and then there was the time factor.





These painted boards are 6 x 24" with collaged papers, ephemera and pictures adhered to them.   The key, I think, is the painted vintage image. Once a suitable copyright free image is found, it needs to be printed as a high contrast B and W image. The image is coated with matte gel and painted with acrylic paint or as I discovered Copic markers work very well too.  

Later I added metal sentiments, (Tim Holtz sticks) and some bits of fabric.  Being the verbal person that I am...of course words need to be involved.











No comments:

Post a Comment