Saturday, July 2, 2016

Back to Basics




Did I ever say I LOVE the Caged Santos Dolls from Retro Cafe Art?  Well I must as this is number five I think.  Sometimes I create and then find a Patron Saint to match the theme.  But this time I knew I was going to create St Francis of Assisi.  This medium sized doll, standing 10.5" tall is painted with a crackled white surface and antiqued in blue.

I added lots of nature related embellishments, leaves, flowers, butterflies, birds and yes even real acorns. Continuing my  goal of 'using the stash'  I have now moved to my jewelry box.  Being retired I infrequently wear much of the jewelry I've amassed.  On the back is a piece I used to wear frequently (think science teacher) 

The nest inside the cage has real bark and  a lovely blue bird.  I think St Francis would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment